TEGNA is excited to announce the Producer-in-Residence program is hiring again! We're in search of six outstanding entry-level producers to join our team. This program is for recent college graduates who want to have a career as an innovative broadcast and digital News Producer. It will involve a one-week producer boot camp summer 2019 where you'll learn from the best news show producers in the industry, and then a 2-year full-time placement as a producer at one of these top TEGNA stations. KUSA (Denver), WKYC (Cleveland) and WTLV/WJXX (Jacksonville) We'll place you two at each station so you have a producing partner.
This is a chance to get real-world experience producing newscasts and integrating digital and social content. We'll provide the training, experience, and resources. You supply the ambition, creative content, and good attitude!
As a producer at KUSA, WKYC or WTLV you and your counterpart from the program will co-produce a daily news show that you two design, write and roll out. We want creativity and credibility to guide you into what local news should look like in today's multi-platform world. Bring your ideas, innovation and imagination, and make a new style of news show come to life.
This IS a full-time job (NOT an internship). It will involve a 2-year contract, and it comes with full-time pay and eligibility for benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401K). New hires will need to successfully complete a drug screening and background check.
Here's what you need:
* Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or related field
* Strong academic performance (3.2 min. overall GPA)
* Professional initiative as evident through completed internships and/or work experience
* Strong creative writing skills
* Understanding of the tenants of professional journalism
* Proficiency with digital and social media platforms
* Skills in critical thinking and creative problem solving
* Organizational skills and the ability to work calmly under deadline and in breaking news situations
* Your own transportation & a valid driver's license
* Willingness to relocate
Here's how we make our selections:
* Complete the online application and attach a cover letter and resume that includes education, internship experience, awards, extracurricular activities, and a link(s) to your work, which should include writing samples that showcase your creative writing ability
* Our team will review your application and contact you directly if we believe you would be a great candidate for the PIR
* Each selected participant will receive a contract and assigned work location.
* If you are not selected for PIR, don't fret! You're still in our candidate pool and will be contacted for future opportunities.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry's top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Associated topics: comedy, cg, film, film producer, movie director, movie producer, science fiction, tv, tv director, video producer