THIS IS PER DIEM -- NOT FULL TIME
The primary responsibility of the Health Screener is to provide coverage in the field ensuring that health screenings are completed accurately and on time. Maintain a safe and professional environment for clients and employees; perform with confidence all aspects of a health screening, including specimen collection and processing duties following established practices and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform biometric screening at client sites including finger stick blood collection, BMI, Blood Pressure and other health screening services based on service package
- Performs basic waived testing technical procedures on blood samples and completes required quality control.
- Provide exceptional customer service at all health screenings.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and legible records.
- Participates in training/retraining and continuing education programs as necessary.
- Complies with all designated safety policies and procedures in the work area, including the use of applicable protective equipment when necessary to prevent exposure to potentially infectious agents.
- Understands and complies with applicable federal, state and local laws. Adheres to quality assurance procedures and good manufacturing practices.
- Maintain all HIPAA and OSHA standards while on events.
- Performs other related duties as necessary.
- Formal medical education including current appropriate medical certification.
- Additional medical certification / licensure as required by state / regulatory requirements.
- At least 1 year of healthcare experience in a professional health care setting.
- Proficient with finger stick blood collection methods and manual blood pressure.
- Ability to understand and perform complex procedures and techniques and work with complex instrumentation (Cholestech and/ or Cardio Check experience preferred).
- Skills required for proper specimen and reagent handling, labeling, processing, preparation, transportation and storage necessary.
- Must be knowledgeable of required regulations and comply with them.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service internally and externally.
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, understand and follow detailed procedures.
- Basic computer skills necessary including access to internet / email.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Pleasant and friendly, yet professional personality.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Physical & Mental Requirements
- Lift light to moderately heavy objects. The normal performance of duties may require lifting and carrying objects. Objects in the weight range of 1 to 15 pounds are lifted and carried frequently; objects in the weight range of 16 to 40 pounds may be lifted and carried occasionally. Objects exceeding 41 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without assistance.
- Requires use of phone and PC.
- Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness.
- Handling stress & emotions,
- Concentrating on tasks
- Making decisions,
- Adjusting to change,
- Examining/observing details
- Sitting or standing for long periods at a time
- Position requires travel.
Associated topics: blood, outreach, pct, phleb, phlebotomy, pool, processor, psts, smmc, specimen