This position provides direct patient care and assists other healthcare professionals in a hospital setting in Columbus!
LPN (licensed practical nurse) Hospital Responsibilities
- Perform in-person assessments of people with acute health concerns to determine a safe, timely and appropriate disposition using evidence-based best practice guidelines, decision support tools, and nursing protocols
- Provide patient education, follow-up care, medications, and wound care as ordered or under protocol.
- Complete limited medication refills per under supervision of an RN or licensed provider
- Respond to emergency situations and urgent patient needs
- Administer care and treatment to patients as directed by providers or RNs
- Provide follow-ups for abnormal labs and emergency room and hospital discharges
- Consult with providers and other disciplines for specific patient needs and for overall clinic flow
- Perform procedures such as EKGs, peak flows, spirometry, dressing changes, vision and hearing screenings, ear wash, and assessments appropriate to visit type
- Conduct thorough and timely pre-visit planning for each encounter according to standards
- Assist with procedures, medical needs and patient education as they arise: EKGs, start an IV, same day referrals, lab follow up, hospital transfers, or other orders
- Interview patients, checks vital signs, performs assessments appropriate to patient age and visit type, obtains consents, prints out lab reports, hospital discharge summaries, and related documents
LPN (licensed practical nurse) Hospital Qualifications:
- Graduate of accredited LPN program and current LPN license
- Work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment that requires sitting, standing, and walking, with frequently changing priorities. Must be able to be flexible and multitask
- High-level communications skills to work with patients, staff, providers, and outside agencies
- Proficiency in electronic tools with the -EMR to communicate with providers
For more information, please call 763-###-#### or simply apply.
Associated topics: lead, license, licensed, licensed vocational, lvn, nurse i, nurse ii, nurse iv, practical, practical nurse