Rotational Desktop Support Technician
Mcpc in Batavia, OH
- Industry: Customer Service/Call Center - Help Desk
- Type: Full Time
The Rotational Desktop Support Technician will be responsible for overall customer satisfaction as it relates to their use of PC's, laptops, and other peripherals. This individual must be very customer focused and have the ability to resolve technical issues in a timely and professional manner. Be willing and able to travel to different customer locations throughout Northeast, Ohio.
- Provides 2nd-level customer support services for all computer, printer, and other peripheral devices.
- Experience with complex multi-vendor environment.
- Administers computers and users using Active Directory/Group Policies.
- Heavy workstation operating system experience
- Deploys and administers antivirus software, security patches, and system updates.
- Logs comments for all service requests, incidents and change orders performed.
- Configures and images PC systems and provides responsive delivery to customers.
- Responsible for the repair of Intel based Desktop PCs running various versions of Microsoft Windows from the following Vendors but not limited to IBM, Dell, HP, Compaq, Toshiba and etc.
- Maintains detailed asset records for all PC hardware and software. Assists with asset protection and software licensing compliance.
- Provides equipment maintenance services, including repair and component replacement services for all platforms. Maintains a log of all repairs/services performed.
- Comprehensive knowledge and expertise in MS Office products.
- A solid understanding of LAN design, network protocols, client configuration, IP addressing, and remote connectivity.
- Installing /uninstalling software
- Configure and troubleshoot hardware and software including: desktops, laptops, handheld devices, and printers.
- Promotes adherence to standardized IT processes, strategic principles, and architectural standards.
- Actively shares knowledge with other IT members and improves the tools and processes used by department personnel.
- Moves, adds, and makes changes for equipment and software deployment.
- Experiencing in Microsoft SCCM administration required.
- Performs other functions as assigned and actively participates in special projects as assigned.
- Certifications in CompTiA A+, Microsoft, and/or Network +, preferred; with an Associate or Bachelor degree in the field of computer technology.
- Minimum of 2-3 years equivalent work experience as a technician.
- Must possesstrong attention to detail.
- Professional demeanor is a necessity.
- Ability to follow strict protocols while maintaining an empathetic approach in assisting the end user.
- Strong documentation skills from issue to resolution.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written are critical.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Operating Systems in an Enterprise, Windows 10 experience preferred
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office in an Enterprise, Office 2010 experience preferred
- Experience with PC device support in an enterprise environment
- Experience with Active Directory User and Computers
- PC hardware and peripheral troubleshooting experience
- PC application support and troubleshooting experience
- Proven customer service and communication skills (phone, written and in person)
- Ability to lift and transport up to 50 lbs. across Westfield Center campus locations as needed
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Associated topics: client, information technology support, network, service, support analyst, support specialist, technical, technical support, technician iii, technology
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!