One of Husky's advantages is that we are an integrated oil and gas company. From exploration to development, production, refining and marketing, we've got it all! Combine this with a range of learning and development tools and an inclusive work environment, and you are well-positioned for a successful career at Husky.
We have training, mentoring and career development programs and resources to help you develop both personally and professionally - as an employee or a leader. We offer many internal leadership and business skills courses along with tuition reimbursement programs for qualified employees. Every year, a significant number of our employees are able to take on new roles within the company thanks to our strong focus on hands-on learning and development.
Husky is currently looking for a Supervisor, Maintenance Electrical Shop for our Lima, Ohio Refinery.
The Maintenance Supervisor Electric Shop will lead and supervise Husky Maintenance Personnel and Contractors within the operational boundaries of the LRC. This position plays a fundamental role in supervising all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental compliance in the performance of maintenance work.
The Maintenance Supervisor Electric Shop also provides back-up coverage in the Electric Department as Planner when necessary.
Specific responsibilities will include:
* Ensure maintenance hourly activities/work orders are implemented in a safe and efficient manner.
* Assist scheduling with organizing and communicating daily and weekly work plan.
* Communicate daily work, set expectations related to manpower, confirm work completion, and report problem areas to Operations and Maintenance Manager/Scheduler.
* Oversee designated area work activities during unit turnarounds and outages reporting to Turnaround Manager.
* Maintain concise written records utilizing MS Office applications and SAP.
* Maintain an efficient and safe work environment that provides leadership that fosters and promotes employees' participation.
* Responsible for following all safety policies and guidelines as established by Husky Energy and the LRC.
* Actively participate in monthly Safety Meetings.
* Communicate (both verbally and written) and work effectively with other areas of maintenance (Rotating, Electrical, Metal Craft and Instrumentation/Controls) and with all levels of site personnel.
* Provide coaching and training of craft personnel as required.
* Identify need for additional training and work with Maintenance Training Coordinator to improve skills of the Husky Crafts
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
* High school diploma or equivalent
* An Associate's Degree in Electrical/Electronics Technology
* Journeyman Certification
* NEC Working Knowledge
* 5 years of electrical field experience, including troubleshooting and repair
* 3 years of Maintenance Supervisory experience (Unionized environment preferred)
* Experience in ordering material and services, preparing and evaluating bid packages and developing contracts with suppliers/vendors
* Experience work with 480/4160v, 5/34.5 kv
* 5 years of experience in petrochemical maintenance
* Extensive working knowledge and experience in electrical repairs
* General knowledge of refinery maintenance practices
* Knowledge in and experience with safe work practices in an oil refinery environment accompanied by a superior safety attitude
* Ability to develop scope and plans for preventive maintenance work. This includes above average skills in planning, scheduling and cost control.
* Proficient use of MS Office - MS Project and Primavera would be an asset.
* Experience with SAP or other business enterprise software.
* Exceptional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
* Well-developed communication and presentation skills sufficient to convey both factual and conceptual information requiring detailed explanation and interpretation to staff, professional and business groups.
* Strong leadership orientation that includes coaching, development of staff, and guidance of individuals toward goal achievement.
* Superior analytical skills to identify key issues based on relevant data and provide appropriate solutions/recommendations.
The Lima Refining Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Employment of a final candidate selected for this position will be conditional upon successful completion of required pre-employment medical and alcohol/drug assessments.
Husky Energy is an integrated Canadian energy company. It is headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, and is publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol HSE. The Company operates Upstream and Downstream business segments, with operations in Canada, the United States, China and Indonesia.
Husky's balanced growth strategy focuses on consistent execution, disciplined financial management and safe and reliable operations.
Interested candidates must apply online at: www.huskyenergy.com/careers. Only those candidates who apply via Husky's online application process can be considered. We thank all applicants for their interest in our organization; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Associated topics: alarm, cable, calibration, circuit, electricista, journeyman, relay, repair, transformer, wireman