The Internship Program at Greif targets undergraduate students, typically between their Junior and Senior year and is 8-12 weeks in length depending on the needs of the department and/or intern. To encourage networking, relationship building and organizational learning, we will host a number of internship events over the course of the program including, but not limited to educational roundtables, plant tours and philanthropic activities. Interns will also have the opportunity to interact with and present to Greif s Executive Leadership Team.
The Financial Reporting Intern gains hands-on experience in a fast-paced environment performing functions such as accounting and financial analysis, preparing journal entries, reviewing financial statements, preparing account reconciliations, accounting research, external reporting and Sarbanes - Oxley control testing. Additionally, the intern will assist the Financial Systems team, who is responsible for sustaining, enhancing and providing project support for financial applications. Area roles include significant partnership, collaboration, and inclusion in a matrix environment with IT.
* Assist in the monthly and quarterly close process
* Assist in the preparation of Form 10Q and Investor Earnings Releases
* Performs account reconciliation and financial analysis
* Assists in the preparation of the Summary of Aggregated Deficiencies in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley control testing.
* Assists team members with technical accounting research.
* This position is for any student pursuing bachelor's degree in Accounting with a junior or senior status.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Ensures quality and timeliness in the delivery of tasks and services provided, as the work produced has an impact of the effectiveness of the team as a whole
* Impacts immediate work team and closely related work teams whose activities are interdependent
* Possesses and demonstrates strong and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills in order to exchange complex and/or confidential information
* Core Competencies include
* Operationally Disciplined
* Making Effective Decisions
* Customer Understanding
* Results Focused
Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workforce. Diversity is an integral part of who we are at Greif. The law requires Greif to post notices describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination for both an applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.